Lower than average RISE scores.
Above average DIBELS scores with the exception of one grade (3rd).
Rising behavior issues and increasing office referrals.
FOCUS AREA #1 – STUDENT LEARNING
Goal: Increase our school’s reading scores
- Summer Professional Development – Teachers will attend summer professional development on how to assess and respond to skill deficiencies. Teachers will receive ongoing professional development in effective reading instruction throughout the year.
- Chromebooks – Update and add to existing technology in the building. Also purchase a data collection software for Kindergarten.
FOCUS AREA #2 – SAFE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Goal: Decrease the number of office referrals
- Professional Development – Professional Learning with Tricia Skyles
- Counselor – Increase Counselor time at our school (.3 FTE from TSSA and matching grant .3)
- Paraprofessional – Hire a paraprofessional to assist with reading interventions as well as help monitor and support the usage of the wellness room.
FOCUS AREA #3 – LEADERSHIP
Goal: All teachers will use data effectively to drive instruction.
- Data Meetings – Leadership team will meet with each team monthly (for 7 months of the school year) to evaluate data and help teachers use data collection tools effectively. (substitute costs)