Teacher and Student Success Plan (TSSA)
Lower than average RISE scores.
Above average DIBELS scores with the exception of one grade (3rd).
Rising behavior issues and increasing office referrals.
Focus Area #1 – Student Learning
Goal: Increase our school’s reading scores
- Summer Professional Development – Teachers will attend summer professional development on how to assess and respond to skill deficiencies. Teachers will receive ongoing professional development in effective reading instruction throughout the year.
- Chromebooks – Update and add to existing technology in the building. Also purchase a data collection software for Kindergarten.
Focus Area #2 – Safe Learning Environment
Goal: Decrease the number of office referrals
- Professional Development – Professional Learning with Tricia Skyles
- Counselor – Increase Counselor time at our school (.3 FTE from TSSA and matching grant .3)
- Paraprofessional – Hire a paraprofessional to assist with reading interventions as well as help monitor and support the usage of the wellness room.
Focus Area #3 – Leadership
Goal: All teachers will use data effectively to drive instruction.
- Data Meetings – Leadership team will meet with each team monthly (for 7 months of the school year) to evaluate data and help teachers use data collection tools effectively. (substitute costs)