Washington County School District has worked very proactively to create safe schools. By working with each community WCSD has a School Resource officer in each of its secondary schools. Resource officers are also assigned to work with each elementary school in the district.
Our School District has also created a flip chart that is available in each classroom as a reference for teachers. The flip chart can be found online here: WCSD Emergency Flip Chart.
If you ever have a safety concern with regards to Santa Clara Elementary please contact Ms. Hancey directly.
EMERGENCY DRILL INFORMATION
In the case of the school needing to reunify parents and students we will follow the District’s Reunification Plan.
The purpose of this drill is to prepare students and parents in the event that an emergency was to happen at the school which would require a lock down situation in which students would need to be reunited with parents personally.
Please be prepared to be reunited with your child by bringing the following information with you:
- Photo ID-Required
- The card filled out completely.
- Also, make sure you have updated your child’s emergency contact information and list of people authorized to pick up your child in the event of an emergency with the school and on PowerSchool.
- You must have a photo ID. Please be prepared.
- Get in the check out line.
- Remember you may not check out students who are not your own children unless you are listed as an emergency contact on the school contact card in the office.
- After check-in, staff will take your check in card and a runner will be sent to recover your student. Please step over to the Reunification Location.
- We understand that this process can be long and stressful. Please do not shout at school or district staff. We will get through this as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.