Community CouncilMeetings will be held on the 3rd Monday of every month unless otherwise notified. Community Council Meetings will be February 27, and March 20, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. in the library of our school. Agenda TBA.
Community Council Agenda Oct. 24, 2016
School Improvement Plan
Items for future Agendas:
The Top 10 Things You Should Know About Our
School Community Council
1. Community Council meetings are generally held once a month – time and day set by the Community Council each fall.
2. Community Council has at least 7 official voting members, but everyone (parent or guardian of a student who is attending our school) is invited to attend and participate. Your input is valuable!
3. Community Council helps the school with decisions on safety issues, school improvement plans, School LAND Trust Program, student activities, staff professional development, Child Access Routing Plans and problem solving.
4. Minutes from our meetings and the activity reports will be posted on our school website. At the beginning of each school year, all parents and guardians will receive a copy of the Community Council’s annual report.
5. Every year we need new parents to be elected to the Community Council to serve as voting members for a two-year term.
6. A parent or guardian may file or declare himself as a candidate for election to our Community Council by filling out a Candidate paper (form on the back of this information sheet).
7. Voting on new members will take place during our August SEP’s.
8. If a parent or guardian position on a school community council remains unfilled after an election is held, the other parent or guardian members of the council shall appoint a qualified person to fill the position.
9. Our Community Council and Parent Teacher Association work very closely together. PTA board members may serve as Community Council members.
10. For more information and details about school Community Councils visit usoe.k12.ut.us or our school website sces.washk12.org.